Warranty Period (Warranty for Original Bike Owner & is not Transferable)
- All ELVES framesets and associated parts, except consumable parts such as hangers, cable stops etc. are covered under our limited 5 year warranty program. Your warranty period begins from the time of purchase.
- If a product manufactured by ELVES is flawed within the scope of warranty, after being confirmed by ELVES, you will enjoy free repair or replacement. If the product is discontinued, we will replace the old one with a new product of equal value.
- Damage caused by abuse, misuse, improper assembly, rental, improper or insufficient maintenance, accident, impact, corrosion, use of aggressive cleaners, use with non-compatible components, improper repairs and wear and tear are not covered under this warranty.
- ELVES will not warrant any product that have been previously covered or replaced by ELVES. A warranty product, in all circumstances, does not prolong the warranty period and/or initialize a new warranty period. These benefits constitute the Limited Warranty’s entire scope
- To protect your rights, please keep your warranty card, receipt or proof of purchase.
- Your ELVES frame and associated parts have been designed to EN 14766 and ISO 4210:2014 standard. Any misuse of your road bike, such as carrying additional passengers/children or loads, carrying luggage and attaching parts not specifically designed for the frame will void your warranty.
- ELVES reserve the right to decide to repair or replace the flawed product. We also have the right to decide on the type of product for replacement. We also reserve the right of final interpretation in the case of any dispute.
Q: What warranty does ELVES offer?
A: Elves offers a global 5-year warranty for frame, forks, seatpost and components
Q: What is NOT covered by your warranty?
A: Consumable accessories are not covered by the warranty: Accessories such as inner and outer tires, brake pads, braking wires, gear shifting wires, handlebar covers, chainwheels, chains, cassettes, rims, and hubs are not eligible for warranty.
Q: How do I submit a warranty claim to ELVES if I suspect an Elves product has a defect?
A: Contact ELVES Retailer and they will help you through the process, or contact us at the earliest possible time at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your invoice name and purchase date
Q: What documentation do I need for my claim?
A: Copy of the original receipt showing purchaser’s name, purchase date and serial number./ Photograph clearly showing the serial number under the bottom bracket./ 3-4 photographs showing the defective area/ Photo of whole bike left and right side.
Q: I have a warranty issue with a non-Elves component on an Elves bike. What should I do?
A: The cost of replacing other parts and/or components that do not bear the ELVES that may have been damaged or affected by the manufacturer’s defect is not covered by this warranty. “3rd party” components (e.g. SRAM or Shimano) are warrantied directly by that manufacturer. Separate warranty information for these parts should have been included with your bike when you purchased it.